The Mont Saint-Michel
Your stay will provide you with a real change of scenery due to an unforgettable discovery of the Mont Saint Michel.
Mont Saint Michel has been listed on the UNESCO Heritage list since 1979 and welcomes each year more than 3 millions of visitors.
On the border between Normandy and Britany, the Camping Saint Michel is located at the heart of the Mont Saint Michel Bay, only 8 km from what is nicknamed The Marvel.
Mont Saint Michel stands like a gemstone set in the shifting colours of sea and sand, a captivating place of outstanding beauty with a fascinating history.
New car parks and a bridge have been built in 2014, people can now reach the Mont Saint Michel either on foot or with the free shuttles that operate from 7.30am to 12.00am.
Not to be missed during your stay:
Have a look at the tourist office website
- Historical visit of the Mont Saint Michel : 2 hours
- Guided crossing trip of the Bay (on foot or on horseback)
- Archéoscope : sound and light show which explains the Mont's and the abbey's history.
- Logis Tiphaine : visit of the historic house of the Knight Bertrand du Guesclin, Constable of the French King's army (XIVth century) and of his wife Tiphaine de Raguenet, a well-known Astrologist who was reading earth's destiny in the stars.
- Sea and Ecology Museum: discover a collection of 250 boat models and the area dedicated to the environment and sciences. The tide mechanism, the silting-up of the Bay, the operation to restore Mont Saint Michel's maritime character and the Bay's dangers are explained
- The historical Museum: the 1000 years of Mont Saint-Michel history, the monks who built the abbey, jails and the famous periscope from the 19th century to look over the Bay,